Hiring a wedding planner has in some opinions become a necessity, rather than the luxury it used to be. Wedding Planners can be especially valuable when planning a destination Wedding in Hawaii.
Some of the services a Hawaii Wedding Planner can provide are:
- Assist you with a realistic budget and stick to the budget
- Help you create a Hawaiian theme for your wedding
- Help add special Hawaiian touches to your ceremony
- Recommend and hire vendors in Hawaii
- Negotiate vendor prices
- Familiarize you with Hawaii state requirements such as marriage licenses and beach permits
- Help you choose appropriate attire for Hawaii's weather
- Help choose a Hawaii wedding and reception site
- Help with menu selections that have a Hawaiian touch
- Help plan the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Help select invitations and keep track of responses
- Create Hawaiian style party favors
- Help plan your Hawaiian honeymoon
You will get what you pay for when it comes to Wedding Planners. The more you spend, the more services the planner will perform. It’s up to you to negotiate a contract that includes everything you are looking for, while staying within your budget. Some planners charge a flat fee based on number of hours. Some charge a percentage of the cost of the wedding. Some Wedding Coordinators charge based on a wedding package you select. Be careful with planners that charge a certain cost of the wedding as you may incur higher costs to increase their percentage.
Be sure you feel totally comfortable with the Hawaii Wedding Planner you select. If you have a good feeling, you probably have made the right choice and will have the Hawaiian Wedding of your dreams!