Menu Suggestions for a Luau Style Wedding Reception
1. The traditional pua‘a kalua (roasted pig), cooked in an imu (underground oven).
2. Bowls of fruit with flowers on each table as a beautiful and tasty centerpiece.
3. Other popular luau main courses such as salmon, chicken and fresh fish.
4. All kinds of sea food and creatures that Hawaiians traditionally ate: Crab, lobster and more recently, shrimp and scallops.
5. Polynesian sweet potatoes. (they’re purple!)
6. Poi (taro root pounded into a paste). This may not thrill your guests but it is very Hawaiian and they can at least say they tried it!
7. Of course, tropical drinks! Mai Tais, Blue Hawaiians, Pina Coladas, tropical fruit punch, and Pineapple Daiquiris are some suggestions.
8. A coconut wedding cake with tropical fruit filling.
Any experienced Hawaii Wedding Caterer should be able to put together a Hawaiian feast that you and your guests will be delighted with!